Bip’s New Technologies and Networking Competence Centre (XTech) is the team responsible of Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) projects, including Big Data and Data Science practices. XTech has, among its Clients, the major telecommunication firms, large companies that offer ICT services, and large enterprises operating in different industries such as Energy & Utility, Financial Services, Media, Retail, Manufacturing. XTech pursues the strategy of focusing on the following leading edge ICT topics: - Data Science & Analytics: our team of data scientists pull alongside business experts and our Clients to design and develop Business Intelligence tools embedding decision support models, based on Data Mining & Machine Learning methods. - Big Data Technology Advisory: exploiting our training on new technologies and a strong network of partnership with most innovative vendors, we represent a trusted (as independent third party) and technical-aware advisor to support technical decision on Big Data architectures and solutions. - Big Data Demand & Governance: thanks to our joint knowledge of both business needs and data mining techniques, we sit in between business and technical departments to enable and speed up data-driven projects. - ICT Strategy: relying on a continuous monitoring of the ICT market, we define the best sourcing methodology for ICT assets and services and design long-term ICT architecture evolution. - ICT Engineering & Architecture: thanks to our track records, we lead tender processes, act as trusted technical advisor, and supply project management on complex transformation programs.
- MSc in Computer Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or related fields
- Strong quantitative approach: we do seek people that can crunch math problems easily
- Passion and ability for data exploration, analysis and modeling: our people design and develop systems to support strategic business decisions
- Knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL language
- Data Mining and Statistical abilities: knowledge of Statistics, Data Mining & Machine Learning tools is a strong plus (R, Knime, RapidMiner, Weka, …)
- Understanding of Big Data technologies and architectures is a strong plus (Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, ...)
- Fluency in English: we work on international projects
- A consulting standing: we do wear suits and we travel if required!