SEACOM is looking for Software Engineers who have a value-driven and end-to-end mindset and demonstrate technical competence. Individuals who are pro-active, who turn problems into opportunities, and who consistently take a results-driven approach, are very likely to be successful working in our company. SEACOM is out to find this type of engineer, empower him or her to own his or her activities, to work directly with his or her colleagues or customers, and to support him or her to be successful.
The main goals are:
• Design and deliver a high performance and scalable platform for massive data collection, real-time analytics, NLP, machine learning, and backend data services
• Build high performance, scalable, real-time, server-side technologies • Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment with source control, dev/stage/production release cycles, continuous integration, and deployment
• Work closely with product management, design, quality assurance, and operations teams to understand our customers' needs and effectively translate them to technical specifications.
• Java, Scala knowledge
• Apache NiFi, MongoDB, Redis, Docker, Mesos knowledge
• Lucene (Elasticsearch o Solr) experience
• Good hands-on knowledge of the Hadoop platform and associated tools: HDFS, YARN, HBase, Spark, and Accumulo
• Ability to understand complex data ingestion problems and select and implement the right approach (e.g. MapReduce, Spark, etc.)
• Improve operational performances
• Experienced in developing
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems.
• Experience in performance monitoring and tuning.
• IT System knowledge is a plus.
• Soft communication skills.
• Flexibility in working time.
• Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
• Fluent in English.