Oracle’s most elite team (the A-Team) is seeking a highly energetic Solution Architect and thought leader for a mission critical division of the organization. We are Oracle’s elite outbound arm of development responsible for helping our customers achieve success with our products and services. The role involves contributing to and leading multidisciplinary projects focused on architecting, designing, and prototyping complex cross-product solutions involving Oracle Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) for our most prestigious customers.
The position entails a high level of internal and external visibility with senior management. The Solution Architect is responsible for structuring and leading complex, strategic internal and external engagements involving coordination across teams and products, innovative use of Oracle’s Cloud Development products and tools, and establishing a regular feedback channel into the Development organization resulting in product improvements and innovations.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Design complex and innovative solutions leveraging Oracle Cloud offerings to address critical business requirements of our customers.
• Assess cloud solutions either in pre-sales or post-sales stages and provide guidance to involved internal and external parties to ensure successful implementations and uptake of best practices.
• Manage competing, quickly changing priorities effectively and handle input from many internal and external collaborators and stakeholders.
• Structure and execute plans for a given project in challenging environments with a minimum of guidance.
• Closely collaborate with high caliber peers and a variety of teams and groups in a highly dynamic environment.
• Identify recurring patterns and solutions and generalize these for broader re-use across the entire ecosystem.
• Identify common pain points in Oracle products and Solutions, and propose alternatives to improve them.
• Establish relationships and feedback channels into product management and product engineering ultimately resulting in product improvements and innovations.
We are seeking an exceptional technical leader with extraordinary attention to detail. She or he is able to play a project manager role with excellent tracking and reporting skills, in-depth understanding of current cloud technologies and products, and has a strong sense for market trends and emerging technologies and tools within and outside of Oracle’s portfolio.
Must be able to up level and summarize project goals and risks at an executive level.
The ideal candidate will understand the need to balance continuous personal development and non-work life with the pressures of delivery.
A successful applicant will have a thorough understanding of communication and be able to effectively communicate with upper management, customers, and the members of the team knowing that the audience will range from those who have very limited understanding of technology to those who are on the world forefront of Cloud ecosystems.
• Fluent in current Oracle SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS products and experienced in designing complex and large-scale cloud projects, ideally spread across a variety of industries and function domains such as Customer Experience, HCM, ERP, SCM, etc.
• Strong understanding and hands-on experience in Oracle PaaS and IaaS related technologies – such as Java, integration, mobile, security, storage, compute, and networking.
• Highly motivated, self-starter with a quick learning style and a strong ambition to remain up to date with current technologies and trends.
• Exceptional analytical and critical reasoning skills capable of flexible and lateral thinking.
• Ability to strongly lead technical discussions with customers, partners, and other Oracle teams.
• Understanding of Open source and non-Oracle products and solutions.
• Inclination to coach – through trainings, public forums, blogs, and conferences.
• Highly developed interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills; demonstrated comfort level for presentations to senior leadership level meetings.
• Work with and across all levels within the business to develop the “best” solution to an issue/business need required.
• A master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or a Bachelor’s Degree and comparable experience in software development, information technology, and/or data architecture.
• Minimum of 10 or more years of experience in progressively responsible information technology.
• Extensive experience with cloud services in the areas of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS.