The Oracle Consulting team is focused exclusively on Oracle Cloud solutions and staffed with the experts that others turn to for best practices. With our global scale of more than 18,000 experts in 145 countries, serving more than 20 million users, we focus on how to get our customers up and successfully running in the Oracle Cloud as quickly and cost effectively as possible. We shape the future and help our customers add value by eliminating complexity and simplifying IT. In close cooperation with our customers we define a customer specific cloud strategy and implementation roadmap to maximize success and minimize business and IT risks.
As a member of the team, you can enhance your expertise, develop your knowledge, and take your career as far as you want. Want to make a difference? So do we. But we can’t do it without you. Join our team driving innovation around the world. You’ll work with the best and the brightest to build your career at one of the world's technology leaders.
As a Cloud Technology Consultant you will be part of our Cloud Technology team in the Netherlands located in Utrecht. The Cloud Technology Team is responsible for designing, developing and supporting (Oracle) Cloud Technology Solutions leveraging the latest versions of Oracle IaaS and PaaS Services like Infrastructure- and Database Services, Integration Platform Services, Security Services, Digital Experience Services, Cloud Native Application Development Services and Big Data/Analytics Services.
In your role you as Cloud Technology Consultant you will:
· Work on client-billable and pre-sales assignments to lead or support the implementation of generic or customer specific Cloud Technology Services and Solution(s) development;
· Work with Oracle Consulting Sales and Delivery colleagues to position and deliver the right Cloud Technology Consulting Services to maximize customer’s success in the most effective and efficient way.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Architect, provision, implement, optimize, troubleshoot and support PaaS & IaaS solutions (involving Oracle’s cloud technologies, Fusion Middleware)
· Support implementation, extension and integration to SaaS services
· Support development teams on technical solutions for custom applications, extensions and integrations to cloud services.
· Support in presales cycles on PAAS Cloud opportunities
· Be a technical expert on Oracle Technology solutions both for customers and internally in Oracle.
· Develop and implement Oracle Cloud Services and Solutions while considering open standards, network development, future monitoring and security (identity & access management) guidelines.
· Develop and position customer-specific value propositions highlighting benefits and differentiators of Oracle Cloud Services and Solutions . · Delivery of an outstanding customer experience on-site or remotely.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of market trends and expertise in Oracle Cloud Technology Services and Solutions.
· Collaborate on customer opportunities with Oracle Consulting Sales and Product Management communities.
Core Areas of Expertise:
· Experience with network architectures, virtualization, storage and backup architectures, disaster recovery, security, system management, high performance and in memory architectures
· Experience with private Platform as a Service; Database and Middleware as a Service
· Experience with the migration and transition of software from an old to a new platform
· Deep knowledge of Data Center processes
· Knowledge of Oracle’s Public Cloud offerings (PaaS and IaaS) and Hybrid Cloud architectures
· Experiences with the following products is preferred, Oracle Exadata, Oracle Exalogic, Oracle SuperCluster, Oracle Database Appliance, Other Engineered sytems, Oracle servers, Oracle Storage Solutions, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Oracle Solaris, Oracle Virtual Machine, Oracle Database, Oracle Weblogic Server, Oracle Enterprise Manager and Ops Center, Oracle Public Cloud offerings, Oracle Real Application Cluster, Oracle Dataguard, Oracle Database multi-tenant and in memory options, Oracle Database Security products, Oracle Identity Management Solutions.
· You have a strong interest in working with Cloud Technology Services and Solutions.
· 3-4 years work experience related to Cloud IT consulting gained during customer engagement projects would be beneficial. Has worked for one of the major global or local IT providers or one of the global leading Technology Cloud Services providers.
· Understanding of the value for business of Cloud solutions for IT departments, Lines of Business and Developers, is an advantage.
Customer Engagement Skills:
· Good communication skills, able to articulate complex messages very clearly.
· You won’t be satisfied until the job is done to the right quality for our customers.
· Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done can require working together with many colleagues, partners and customers.
· Self-motivated, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges.
· Agile and happy to continually adapt to change.
· Always looking to raise the bar of own skills/competencies development.
· Comfortable in delivering presentations in person and remotely.
· Bachelors or Master’s degree;
· Understanding of Cloud Services and Solutions implementation methodologies, processes and disciplines is an advantage.