The role required is based out of our head office in Turin and will be focused primarily on our digital operations hosted in Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Alibaba Cloud.
The Senior Cloud Engineer should be part of our ongoing software development and operations, he/she will be part of the team helping the developers in the continuous integration, deployment, monitoring and testing of the code. He/she will be responsible of the design of the cloud infrastructure following the architectural pattern defined by the architects with the possibility to contribute to their definition.
The Senior Cloud Engineer requires the ability to interact and work very closely with the other members of the DevOps team as well as with the architects.
As a technology company, Deltatre uses the latest technology to run their services in the cloud so we are looking for people who are passionate about technology and are excited to learn and use the latest toolsets and techniques. We are using containerization, serverless computing and platform-as-a-service offerings from the major cloud vendors to run our services delivering websites and video to audiences on a global scale.
Deltatre uses a largely Microsoft based stack including Visual Studio, TFS and Microsoft Azure however our platforms are designed to run on any cloud solution and dedicated infrastructure. Given the role supports live sports events, candidates must be available for occasional work during weekends and evenings.
- Design and management of cloud system architectures guaranteeing high availability, top performance and reliability being involved in continuous operation and improvements.
- Guarantee continuous integration and continuous delivery of our software.
- Design and management of container-based hosting environments
- Support to incident and problem management to identify root cause and fix, define and put in place improvements to avoid the problem occurring again.
- Interact with customers, understanding their requirements, help them to find the best technological solution for their needs
- Analyze and improve systems' performance & scalability and automate systems management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of the cloud platform offerings (Azure preferred)
- Experience with systems & services monitoring tools and in log analysis.
- Understanding of DevOps best practices
- Ability to express and understand complex technical concepts.
- Being able to properly communicate in English (spoken and written).
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with cloud automation and infrastructure provisioning tools
- Fluency in automating manual jobs using scripting languages (Bash, Python, - Powershell preferred)
- A passion for new technology and the emerging media landscape