In this role, you have the opportunity to
contribute to the software development of prototypes for state-of-the-art inventions in the field of health and well-being. You will work with experts in the field of next generation user interfacing technologies, intelligent agents and cloud computing. As a senior software developer, we expect you to shape and give guidance in high-speed prototyping. Converging innovative ideas by applying cutting edge technologies.
You are responsible for
- Design and develop cloud solutions and services from concept until release;
- Responsible for the overall implementation & quality of software products;
- Take responsibility for leading development projects with minimal supervision including assisting and mentoring less experienced engineers;
- Setting up, running and analyzing experiments;
- Ability to distill vague product experiences into concrete problem definitions;
- Staying current on technology trends and scientific development;
- Inspiring team members to get the job done.
You are a part of
The Software Concepts department within Philips Research. Within the department we are building state of the art prototypes using the latest software technologies. Our prototypes validate hypothesis connected to the core mission of Philips to improve the lives of 3 billion people. Our prototypes are used in scientific studies and clinical pilots for all healthcare businesses. The department is trying to work with variety subject matter experts. Our department is the maintainer and key driver in Philips Open Source Software community. The department consists of 80+ professionals. These professionals have the expert knowledge and are specialized in the field of next generation user interfacing, intelligent agents, distributed and decentralized systems and software science.
Demonstrable hands-on expertise in at least one area of cloud development e.g. Google Cloud, AWS or Azure;
Demonstrable hands-on expertise in using relevant tools & frameworks such as Serverless, Micro Services Development, Maven/Gradle, Spring Boot, NodeJS, ReactJS, Open Source, etc;
Demonstrable software craftsmanship and proven experience in professional software development. Including the use of code quality metric tools such as SonarQube and CodeScene;
Relevant experience with DevOps and deployment models;
Demonstrable conceptual ability and professional architecting experience;
Experience in mentoring junior engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective engineers;
Strong emphatical skills and proven ability to connect to peers.