In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work closely together with the manufacturing and engineering organizations in Royal Philips as well as external clients to realize customized manufacturing equipment by leading the architecture creation of the manufacturing systems and Industry 4.0 solutions developed and built in our organization.
By working both within Philips as well as with external medical and high-tech companies, we keep our expertise at the highest level.
You are responsible for
- ensuring the creation of manufacturing system architectures and taking the whole E2E chain into consideration and covering all stakeholder demands
- drive the creation/renewal of system architectures for manufacturing systems and/or Industry 4.0 solutions
- setting design specifications for new complex manufacturing equipment/lines based on own insights or from other relevant specialists
- defining industrialization concepts for new products and defining the architecture of new complex manufacturing lines or Industry 4.0 data systems
- shaping the product design into ‘design for manufacturing’ and ‘design for assembly’, participates in Design Reviews
- the whole concept of a manufacturing line on system level and the integration of sub-concepts
- the choice between make/buy decisions of parts or solutions
- continuously expanding the technical expertise of dedicated core competence by maintaining a broad network of specialists intern and outside the company
- coaching other architects, interacting with peers, exchanging best practices within the Architecture Community and performing Architecture Assessments
- playing the key role in the acquisition phase to create the best concept concerning quality, cost and lead-time
- teaming-up with the account team to win the project in the acquisition phase
You are part of
Philips Innovation Services, and within the department of Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, we know that customized manufacturing processes create competitive edge and we create the bridge from idea to market for each innovation journey.
Do you have an idea that can change the world? Turning your brilliant ideas into working innovations that make life better is our drive and our deliverable.
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.
Bachelor or Master degree with more than 10 years relevant work experience with designing, developing and sourcing of manufacturing systems
knowledge of Industry 4.0 / Smart Factory technologies
having addressed architectural aspects of manufacturing systems
knowledge of state of the art manufacturing equipment design approach and related tools
comprehensive knowledge of structured process development
analytical skills, architectural thinking and creation, switching from helicopter to detailed view
influencing skills, team player, networking skills, negotiation skills
Strong communicator (writing & speech), being able to communicate on all levels
Fluent in English and German or Dutch preferred