In this role, you have the opportunity to
You will strengthen the team with your embedded software design specialization and make a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process. You will develop new products, using the latest technologies and resources, often realizing systems based on unverified specifications. You will be challenged to show an abstract understanding of concepts but at the same time show in-depth low level programming knowledge of C++.
You are responsible for
- Responsible for the creation of the software architecture in modular, easy to maintain and extendable parts (components and modules)
- Technically responsible for the software in (sub-) projects. Delegate, control and verify that the SW is build according to his SW architecture. Verifies that the integration is according to the architecture.
- Formulates the SW-technical road map, relevant for his subsystem taking into account SW technologies (operating systems, databases), application trends, non-SW technologies (image processing trends etc.)
- Participates in the system architecture definition and in the Product Requirement Specification; advises the System Architect regarding choices of what has to be achieved in hardware and what in software (multidisciplinary), and advises on make-or-buy decisions.
- Has expertise in design techniques, application domain and SW engineering. Keeps it up-to-date and propagates it, both internal and external.
- Guides the Software Development Engineers in the design and implementation of the parts of a subsystem.
You are a part of
Philips Healthcare in Best, the Business Unit Image Guided Therapy Systems is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of X-ray systems in the area of cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g. a “dotter” treatment). The customers are hospitals, medical specialists and universities. Philips Healthcare develops and manufactures world-class medical products. One of its success products is the Azurion image guided therapy platform. This platform is allows our customers to easily and confidently perform procedures with a unique user experience, helping them to optimize lab performance and to provide superior care.
You will be working closely with the Software system architect(s) and test and integration engineers in the department.
In return, we offer you
- A competitive salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
Bachelor degree or Masters in Informatics, Computer Engineering or similar
+10 years of experience in Technical Software Development including Architecture
Knowledge in C++ 11, Windows 7/10 and (WindRiver) Linux
Software modeling experience (UML, DSL, Dezyne, …)
Experienced with programming hardware
Experienced in working with legacy code
Preferably experience with using and building DSL’s (Xtext/Xtend)