SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
As a Scrum Master at Perform working on our DAZN product you will be responsible for supporting our software development Scrum teams to deliver their sprint commitments, removing blockers and coaching them to self-organize. DAZN are going to change the way people watch sports forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport, no ads, no long contract and a single low monthly fee. As part of the DAZN tech team, you will play a lead role in this by designing and building world leading streaming services across web, mobile and TV platforms, working on new feature releases and evolving the next phase of application framework. With a rapidly expanding company, growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant work place.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
• Organise and facilitate Scrum ceremonies (planning meetings, daily scrums, demo's and retrospectives).
• Ensure the development team & Product Owner work together in the Scrum framework. • Track the progress of the Sprint on a daily basis in order to be able to take proactive measures ahead of time where required to help the team to achieve the sprint goal.
• Monitor and communicate team velocity and release progress.
• Ensure the team are being as effective and productive as they can by protecting them from external distractions and actively removing impediments to their progression.
• Work with the Product Owner to prepare the scrum backlog.
• Liaise with other Scrum teams and external teams to address and resolve cross team issues, conflicts and dependencies.
• Be an active part of the Scrum Master community within PERFORM and participate in continuous improvement within this discipline
• Have worked directly in the Software Development field for 2-5 years as either a Developer or Tester.
• Commercial experience as a Scrum Master.
• Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance or scrum.org).
• Ability to handle conflict effectively
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
• Understanding of Agile & Lean principles.
• Experience of release level planning.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with all Seniority levels.