In this role, you have the opportunity to
Shaping the software architecture for (embedded) applications for current and future Philips products.
Do you want to help define the future of healthcare by developing first-of-a-kind solutions that have a positive impact on people’s health?
You are responsible for
- Defining architecture strategy, balancing long- and short-term views and balancing conflicting requirements (e.g. security vs. performance) in alignment with software leaders. Works with stakeholders to develop the architectural runway and spikes in support of new business features and capabilities
- Working with teams, customers, suppliers, software leaders and product and solution management to define and design at high-level a solution / platform (incl. solution / platform intent, information models, and documentation requirements) and ensures fitness of purpose by focusing on consumer needs and technological competitiveness
- Providing an optimal and consolidated architecture / design, leveraging technology and evaluating design alternatives including cost benefit analysis
- Defining system/items/units (for example components) and their interfaces, creating well defined building blocks, system options and scenarios. Allocates responsibilities to system/items/units, understands and supports solution deployment
- Leading improvement initiatives with regard to technological improvements and performs future-oriented studies with other specialists
- Leading the creative design process within our group and the department in which it resides
- Inspiring and supporting the senior software designers
You are a part of
a great team, that will work according to the Agile principles of Scrum and eXtreme Programming. You will work on highly innovative, first-of-a-kind propositions that are new within Philips, so an entrepreneurial mindset is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself. The world doesn’t run from 9 to 5, so flexible working hours can be combined with a healthy work-life balance. Colleagues will challenge and coach you and you should willingly return the favor.
We offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
A Bachelor or Master Degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent
10+ years of relevant work experience in (networked) prototype or medical product development of which at least 3 – 4 years as a (junior) software architect
Strong technical skills in (embedded) software development
Strong communication skills
Proven track record with development methodologies like Agile/Scrum
Proven track record of object oriented analysis and design
You enjoy working in cross-functional teams; you are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment