In this role, you have the opportunity to
hold a pivotal role in the Eclipse New Business venture, driving a new business proposition from idea to success in the market. You will be responsible for new function development, system integration and testing of key design elements of FORS-technology based products, the foundation for the Eclipse venture. You will lead or be a member of the technical project/design & integration/test teams charged with maintenance and new developments of these propositions.
You are responsible for
- The design, realization and test of key (sub) systems, understanding and communicating consequences of the design on the architecture.
- Creating (sub) system integration plans and test strategies & plans.
- Choosing the optimal (sub) system integration and test pathways to mitigate system-level integration risks, up to the level of integration in their clinical use environment. Driving the realization, system integration and test of key (sub) systems or components (creating a pull from the integration plans).
- Contributing/leading communication, from technical perspective, with relevant suppliers.
- Ensuring solid, up-to-date and usable documentation of the system design (design specifications, schematics, drawings, codes and writing test scenarios’ for the developed modules or components); using methods & tools for a structured approach.
- Contributing to the innovation strategies and roadmaps together with business management and building new competencies or extend existing ones that have potential to contribute significant value to the business, establishing control points (IP).
- Generating initiatives in relation to technological/application improvements and performing future-oriented studies in cooperation with other specialists.
- Draws up personal/team schedule and reports progress in a structured and methodical way. Is responsible for keeping the costs of the activities in line with budget and delivering input in the planning process to the project leader or program manager.
We offer you
An unique role in a new Philips venture with a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore and develop your future career.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
MSc or PhD in Physics, with an optics related specialization being a plus
Experience with electronic and mechatronics hardware including design and construction of (sub) systems for prototypes or products
Experience with (fiber) optics, lasers and optical imaging techniques is considered a plus.
Capability to evaluate, judge and/or re-design/engineer (optical sub) systems designed by others
Experience with (medical) product development projects, from initial concept up to, and including, release for delivery is considered a plus
Knowledge of medical device standards and norm compliance is considered a plus
Curious, proactive, fast learner able to quickly pick up new areas, challenging the way things are done
Result driven, hands-on, getting things done mentality
Passionate personality with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills