In this role you have the opportunity to
Use your engineering expertise to model, design and implement some of the world’s most innovative medical products, your contribution can range from early customer contacts and project definitions and concept creation to the ramp-up and sustaining of volume production.
You are responsible for
- The architecture in major projects, which have a long-term character, are complex, and are divided in several sub-projects for the creation of subsystems. This also acquires involvement in software and electronic hardware designs.
- Making principle choices for the system architecture with subsystems and interfaces. You are also responsible for the overall architecture, interfacing and introduction of new technology and methods.
- Long-term definition and development of hardware or software platforms; identifying products, subsystems, technology-, standards- and architecture opportunities and translates business strategy into deployable solutions, reference and platform architectures. Initiates and supervises the implementation and usage of the reference and platform architecture
- Leading a team of architects and designers who are involved in the total project.
- To add, you will be a vital member of the Mechatronics department core team by actively shaping the strategy and enable its execution. As such, you will report directly to the Mechatronics department head.
You are part of
Philips Innovation Services (PInS) draws upon a huge range of resources and know-how to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and efficiently as possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and hundreds of companies outside Philips. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects.
The Mechatronics department of PInS is unique in its system design approach which has led to many innovative solutions for our customers. Think of breakthrough solutions in concept creation for new clinical procedures and applications as well as in semicon equipment. Our teams support the Philips Healthcare businesses and many external customers in bringing their innovations faster to market. We are active in equipment as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing. You will be working together in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and its customers.
Get an introduction to PInS via the following video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_XswFIX6rA.
10 - 15 years System Architecture experience in multi-disciplinary systems for product development (medical devices would be a plus);
Broad technical knowledge and experience with bringing (medical) products to the market;
Experience with Healthcare Regulatory aspects (ISO13485, FDA);
Experience in translating customer needs into technical requirements and then clearly defining the complete architectural needs to project members;
Experience in coaching (teams of) designers;
Team player and strong communicator;
Strong customer focus, excellent communication skills and you are willing to travel (20%).