Philips challenges you to use your engineering expertise to model, design and implement some of the world’s most innovative high precision and medical equipment/products for industries such as semiconductor manufacturing and medical imaging. This is executed in an environment with a variety of customers and projects, where own initiative and system thinking are vital for success. Your contributions can range from early customer contacts and project definitions to the ramp-up and sustaining of volume production.
- You will be directly responsible for the mechanical solutions in major Mechatronic projects, which typically have a mid- to long-term character, are complex, and can be divided in several sub-projects for the creation of subsystems. This also acquires involvement in other disciplines like: dynamics, thermal, electronics and software;
- You will use your skills, inventiveness and curiosity to combine novel technology with user insight to lead the team in designing modules for new high precision or medical innovations;
- You will make principle choices for the equipment/product designs, subsystems and interfaces;
- You are responsible for the overall manufacturability, interfacing and introduction of new technology and methods in manufacturing sites;
- You will lead internal and external mechanical design sub-teams;
- You will work closely with the System Architect, other Discipline Architects and the Project Manager;
- You will work closely with the commercial department to truly understand the customer’s technologic challenges in order to offer projects, tailored services & technical support;
- Contributing to building the mechanical engineering competence in the mechatronics program by an attitude of active learning and outward looking;
- Building an effective network with customers and suppliers. You actively look around to acquire new insights, to strengthen the knowledge base and competence of yourself in the domains of high precision and medical equipment.
Philips Innovation Services has a wide range of disciplines and know-how to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and as efficiently possible. Over 750 colleagues benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and hundreds of companies outside Philips.
The Mechatronics department of Philips Innovation Services, with approximately 150 employees, is unique in its system design approach which has led to many practical solutions for our customers. Think of breakthrough solutions in smooth motion, high accuracy positioning, and mechanical construction in e.g. lithography systems and magnetic levitation stages. We are active in equipment as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing. Next to that a lot of our mechatronics solutions are applied in consumer products and healthcare systems. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and its customers.
Philips Innovation Services will provide you with the opportunity to expand your professional experience. In our competence areas we can offer you stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, interesting variation, job satisfaction and the chance to broaden your experience – all within one company. The opportunity to shape and grow your career will be in your own hands.
A Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
At least 10 years of professional experience in innovative high precision equipment development for industries such as semiconductor manufacturing and medical imaging;
Special emphasis on a demonstrated mechatronics background in combining mechanics with system engineering and other mechatronic disciplines. Ideally experienced with mechatronics, system engineering, fine mechanics, dynamics & control, thermal behavior/control, materials behavior, metrology (positioning and measurement);
Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably NX Unigraphics;
Robust knowledge of design controls and risk management standards;
Broad technical knowledge and experience with bringing equipment/products to the market;
Experience in translating customer needs into technical requirements and then clearly defining the complete mechatronic needs to project members;
Experience in coaching of designers or design teams;
Nice to have experience with Healthcare Regulatory aspects (ISO13485, FDA);
Strong communicator English, Dutch;
Strong customer focus, team player and good social interaction skills;
Candidates who are willing to travel to the USA, Asia and Europe (max. 25%) and are part-time (32 hours) or fulltime (40 hours) available.